Diesel Tech/Mechanic I -Welding Experience $2,000 Signing Bonus
A Penske Technician I will diagnose, adjust, and repair all series of motor truck and trailer equipment including, but not limited to the following: Engines (gas and diesel), Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials/Power dividers, PTO systems, Starters/Alternators, Refrigeration systems, Air conditioning systems (including cold and hot units), Fan clutches, Engine electronics (gas/diesel), Power steering systems, and Steering gear box (manual and power).
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment.
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order - Maintain work area appearance and safety - Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery. - Adjust and replace brake, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists. - Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Work Schedule: Tues - Fri 12pm-8:30pm Sat 7am-3:30pm
Excellent Opportunity! competitive wage, excellent health benefits, up to three weeks paid vacation
Continuous learning and advancement opportunities
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advis