PLANNED PARENTHOOD MAR MONTE
Mountain View, CA
Health Center Manager
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: (as appropriate to health center level and scope of services)
- Responsible for the day-to day management of all health center activities. Lead health center efforts to achieve the health center to meet or exceed productivity, financial performance, patient visits and customer service goals.
- Demonstrates independent and critical thinking to develop and execute strategy planning from concept to implementation, using proven systems, such as staffing model.
- Supervises center management staff with emphasis on effective leadership and communication and ability to lead change. Responsible for assessing training needs; evaluate staff performance and plans of correction. Ensures adequate staff is cross- trained in all health center duties.
- Hold all clinical staff accountable to specific measurable customer service standards (e.g. through annual performance monitoring and implementing corrective action plans when customer service expectations are not being met.) and regular coaching and mentoring for continued staff growth and development.
- Completes non-medical audits and assists QMC in medical audits with appropriate chart selection.
- Remain current on all FDA approved contraception (including emergency contraception), non-directional decision-making pregnancy options education (including surgical and medication abortion, adoption, and prenatal), STI’s (including HIV), comprehensive sexuality including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning, community resources, PPMM medical protocols, administrative procedures, referral procedures and all Planned Parenthood services and programs.
- Partner with Licensed Staff leadership in operational leadership decisions to ensure the provision of high quality patient care.
- Maintain efficient patient care flow through a team approach by planning and implementing patient and staff scheduling in conjunction with clinical staff leadership. Assure regular communication with Response Center to adjust schedules when necessary for walk-in availability and other appointment changes as needed.
- Responsible for holding staff accountable for data accuracy and productivity, efficient work flow, measuring indicators, and analyzing processes to improve clinic performance. Responsible for ensuring that underperformance of team members are formally addressed, with clear and documented performance improvement plans.
- Implement and ensure compliance to all Risk Management and Quality Assurance practices as outlined by the Quality Assurance and Risk Management Program.
- Effectively interact with people and develop positive relationships while being tactful, respectful, and direct in communication.
- Ensure compliance to HIPAA and Agency confidentiality policies in dealing with patients and staff.
- Develop and implement an annual center plan and budget. Review and monitor health center budget and monthly financial statements against operating budget for fluctuations in revenue, variable expenses and staffing ratios and adjusts actions in order to reach clinic specific metrics.
- · Responsible for financial management and compliance of PPMM financial policies for the health center. Accountable for daily reconciliation of deposits and logs, submitting invoices and expense reports, financials and account receivables and conducting audits as necessary.
- Act as liaison between billing and health center, providing training necessary to team members and resolving clinic billing questions or problems. Including but not limited to all front office processes, NextGen system questions, and general cash handling, and training solicitation of client contributions. Responsible for the oversight of daily charge entry and correction of billing charges and tasks in a timely manner to decrease time to reimbursement.
- Supervise inventory, ordering, and control of all medication, supplies and equipment needed to deliver medical services. Responsible for ordering and accuracy of inventory for medical supplies, contraceptive supplies and office supplies for the health center. Assures appropriate inventory levels are maintained.
- Collaborate and ensure successful communication with health center staff members regarding policy and protocols, staff development needs, and conduct quarterly and weekly team meetings in conjunction with clinical leadership. Including regular staff observations.
- Must participate in task forces or committees in order to help create Agency strategic recommendations or decisions from an organizational perspective.
- Conduct community outreach, networking and education as well as internal and external marketing in order to attract and retain patient s and to establish PPMM as a long-term referral source.
- Collaborate with HR, and Services training team to verify all employees, volunteers, contractors and students assisting or providing services have appropriate documentation and training completed prior to providing services.
- Hire for all center programs and services, retain, terminate (if necessary), and evaluate all staff in cooperation with the Human Resources Department. Ability to embrace, manage diversity and build and maintain successful teams.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with PPMM medical protocols and administrative procedures, HIPPA, DHS, CLIA, OSHA, environmental health, Title X, FPACT, Medi-cal and state pharmacy regulations. Submit audit data; ensure center meets agency all QA requirements.
NON – ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Performs all direct clinic services as needed;
- Responsible for proper preparation, storage and control of the center's patient health records;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform the duties described above. A typical means of acquiring those abilities would be:
- B.A. or B.S. degree in a health field or management, preferred;
- Two years of successful experience in a performance driven community health care setting.
- Ability to think and act strategically;
- Ability to lead others, especially related to change;
- Ability to communicate effectively, make decisions, solve problems and function as a team leader;
- Strong customer services emphasis;
- Excellent organizational skills, a sense of responsibility and a high level of motivation;
- Ability to set priorities and maintain composure under stress and provide leadership in a fast-paced environment;
- Current experience using computer and mouse;
- Experience using a Microsoft Windows based program and willing to learn new computer skills;
- Flexibility in working hours, including the ability to work nights and weekends.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.
PLANNED PARENTHOOD IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.