Who we are looking for:
We currently are seeking a dependable, hard-working warehouse team member. Along with the truck driver, the warehouse team member is an essential part of the BAFB Team.
The warehouse team member will accompany the truck driver on all BAFB runs, delivering and picking up household goods from our clients in San Francisco Bay Area. When not on the road, you will be working in the warehouse inventorying incoming donations, cleaning or polishing furniture and staging deliveries.
The primary job duties and requirements of the warehouse team member include:
- Customer service: interact with our public and corporate donors, and also with our clients. In many situations, you are the face of the furniture bank and will be putting the client, donor or volunteer first
- Ability to assist with loading and unloading trucks
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. throughout the day
- Ability to comprehend and follow detailed daily task sheets
- Inspect all incoming donations and enter items into inventory
- Organize inventory and put away all incoming donations
- Responsible for accuracy of items as they are loaded on truck and delivered
- Willing to work overtime (if necessary) and be a team player
Detailed Daily tasks include but are not limited to:
- Receive, unload and place incoming inventory items appropriately.
- Organize stock rooms and put inventoried furniture out on floor.
- Examine incoming and outgoing shipments, inspect products for defects and damages, and assist with the repairs and items improvement.
- Take in drop off furniture and fill out donation receipt, inventory furniture, and move to floor.
- Stage furniture that has been tagged for client delivery in staging area.
- Load furniture for the truck, the afternoon prior to delivery whenever possible.
- Organize warehouse space. Keep warehouse clean and organized daily,
(sweep floors, empty garbage, recycle)
Minimum Qualifications requirements:
- Some prior experience in a similar role
- Show a high level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Show proven experience of working well within a team
- Strong Communication skills. Spanish speaking a plus
- Team player with organizational skills
- Must have a working cell phone & reliable transportation to and from work
- Must have a can-do attitude
- Must be punctual and reliable
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- This is a part time position with no benefits
- If interested send your resume and cover letter illustrating your professional experience along
with two (2) professional references to: Valerie @ bayareafurniturebank.org.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.