We currently are seeking a dependable, hard-working truck driver/mover. The truck driver is an essential part of the BAFB Team and works closely with the warehouse team member.
The experienced truck driver/mover delivers and picks up households goods from our clients in San Francisco Bay Area. You will do everything from driving the truck, making furniture deliveries and pickups. When not on the road, you will be working in the warehouse inventorying incoming donations, cleaning or polishing furniture and staging deliveries.
The primary job duties and requirements of the driver include:
- Ability to load and unload trucks
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. throughout the day
- Ability to comprehend and follow detailed daily task sheets
- Great customer service skills
- Willing to work overtime and be a team player
- Other duties assigned in warehouse when not driving
Essential Job Functions:
- Customer service: interact with our public and corporate donors, and also with our clients. In many situations, you are the face of the furniture bank and will be putting the client, donor or volunteer first
- Assist in lifting furniture (must be able to lift 50 pounds)
- Inspect all incoming donations and enter items into inventory
- Organize inventory and put away all incoming donations
- Responsible for accuracy of items as they are loaded on truck and delivered
Minimum Drivers Qualifications requirements:
- At least 21+ years old
- Must have at least one year of verifiable truck experience and a valid Class A California Driver’s License (Class C is ok!) & valid social security card
- Comfortable driving U-Haul-sized 16 foot or 24 foot Truck in a plus
- No DUIs in the last 5 years
- No speeding tickets exceeding 20 mph over limit within last 2 years
- No cell phone tickets in the last 3 years
- Must have a working cell phone & reliable transportation to and from work
- Must have a can-do attitude
- Must be able to be punctual and reliable
- This is a part time position with no benefits
- If interested send your resume and cover letter illustrating your professional experience along
with two (2) professional references to: Valerie @ bayareafurniturebank.org.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.