The Applications/Process Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing the lab entirely, scheduling projects, assigning work and ensuring the lab is running smoothly. Also, the Engineering Lab Manager will be responsible for interfacing with customers on a daily basis and giving presentations. You will be closely aligned with Sales to ensure the completion of lab work; process development and implementation work as well as R&D work as required by clients. You will interface with clients and sales to understand the objectives of project/lab work and convert these requirements into technology solutions that enable equipment sales, rentals and contract manufacturing service sales.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Materials or Chemistry discipline or equivalent business experience.
- Must have 5+ years’ experience of strong hands-on applications development and lab management experience
- Must have solid experience in surface modification and surface engineering
- Must have a proven track record developing surface modification processes and be a resident expert with Plasma technology in a variety of industry applications.
- Have a global business perspective and experience in doing business in Europe and Asia.
- Must be highly analytical, technically savvy and doesn’t mind being hands on and getting involved in all details of the machines, their applications, processes and the analytics of measuring results.
- Need to be willing to be both instructive/teaching and hands on
- Must be able to manager customers on a daily basis via phone and in person
- Must be able to present and sell ideas, be able to appeal to customers in any and all settings
- Must be hungry and motivated
- Must be a strong team player that believes in collaboration, communicates well and is open-minded
In additional to the position summary above, some added responsibilities include:
- Understand and articulate customer requirements. Translate them into actionable project development plans.
- Oversee operations of the application lab and procure resources needed for effective and timely project completion indlucing good project scheduling and management skills.
- Train sales in emerging technologies and applications/solutions based sales strategies.
- Assist in strategic sales opportunities.
- Develop and motivate a collaborative organization where employees can thrive and enable the growth plans of the company.
- Advise on the correct safety procedures relating to lab equipmentm, processes and chemicals used and establish policies and culture that ensure all employee can go home safety every day.
- Provide status of past, future and on-going projects.
- Some travel involved (>20%) both domestic and international
- Working with gases, chemicals and robotic systems
- Frequent communication outside of typical work house with overseas partners
- Supervising Applications Engineers
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.