Johnson Service Group is seeking a Sr. Revenue Analyst for a Temporary role with one of Key Customers in the Silicon Valley for a 6 week temporary assignment.
Our customer is seeking an experienced, resourceful, and operationally/system savvy Senior Revenue Analyst for process improvements and maintaining compliance with the never-ending changes in accounting rules. This position will report directly to the Revenue Recognition Manager. This individual plays an important role in overseeing the overall revenue accounting information for the company.
- Own the revenue cycle and ensure that proper revenue recognition is applied in accordance with current accounting literature
- Work with various teams to ensure that revenue is properly forecasted & tracked
- Perform analysis and prepare journal entries for revenue as well as various deferral and reserve entries
- Reconcile/review worldwide Deferred Revenue and Revenue related accounts
- Prepare and evaluate the quarterly VSOE and Best Estimate Selling Price (BESP) analyses
- Provide Flux explanation and prepare revenue reporting packet to SEC team
- Prepare quarter-end revenue audit schedules and Sarbanes Oxley documentation relating to revenue recognition for internal and external auditors
- Review the Revenue Recognition and Order to Cash SOX documents and ensure compliance
- Trouble shoot SAP issues and testing of IT enhancements/fixes
- Assist in monitoring internal control procedures to mitigate revenue exposure
- Ad-hoc analysis and projects on an as-needed basis, ie. ASC 606 project, process improvement
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Revenue related guidance for ASC 605 (SOP 81-1, SAB 101/104 or EITF 00-21, 97-2) and ASC 606
- Advanced in Excel, proficient in Access Query is preferred
- Ability to work under pressure in a detailed oriented environment and possess the desire to learn new and challenging skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-tasks, and ensure timely completion with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, vendors, and others both inside and outside the organization
- Well-developed interpersonal skills – ability to establish credibility, make, and forge relationships
- Ability to write business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to influence people and drive processes.
- BA/BS degree with 3+ years accounting experience
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA or MBA in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 2+ years’ experience in public accounting
- 5+ years in an accounting with 2+ years in Revenue
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.