PLANNED PARENTHOOD MAR MONTE
South San Francisco, CA
Health Services Specialist I (SSF)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: (as appropriate to work site and scope of services)
- provides direct service in all the health center specific areas including, family planning, abortion, prenatal, general medicine, pediatrics, as appropriate to scope of services and health centers;
- provides clients with accurate information regarding PP services, including questions pertaining to contraception, options, and funding sources;
- contributes to achieving health center productivity goals;
- screens financial, medical and social history with correct documentation of pertinent information
- demonstrates PPMM customer service standards;
- Solicits donations from patients per PPMM guidelines.
- Demonstrate PPMM customer service standards and ITT workplace values and service standards.
- Prepares clients for exams and assists in exam room when needed;
- Provides pregnancy testing, information and referral, schedules PT clients for follow‑up family planning or other appropriate services;
- Performs lab work and venipuncture;
- Prepares examination room with appropriate supplies for examination and cleans room;
HSS/Check-in & Check-out
- Communicates professionally and accurately about services, payment and appointment scheduling.
- Provides paperwork to patients and secures payment and insurance information as needed for billing purposes.
- Enters accurate patient information into Electronic Practice Management System (EPM)
- makes health center appointments, provides information and appropriate referrals;
- prepares charts, pull charts, transfers records, file charts;
- Contacts insurance companies to obtain benefit information and authorization for services
- Posts charges to Electronic Practice Management System (EPM) for all pay types following established practices and procedures.
- Runs end-of-day reports as directed by Center Manager.
- Ensures accuracy of charges from Electronic Medical Records System (EMR) for all pay types following established practices and procedures using Electronic Practice Management System (EPM). Runs end-of-day reports as directed by Center Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring all charges are entered same day and all charges must be completed by close of business day.
- Ensure that all scanning of patient forms is completed on date of service
- Handles patient check-out, calculates and collects fees, solicits contributions, schedules future appointments.
- Contacts appropriate clinic staff and billing department personnel as necessary to obtain information needed to complete billing and to resolve errors.
- Notifies supervisor of discrepancies or unusual occurrences in daily billing or computer software/hardware.
- Responsible for scanning all documents in patients chart at date of service
- Responsible for completing all billing tasks and corrections within 72 hours of receipt
HSS Lab Duties
- Performs moderately complex lab testing including: Pregnancy tests, STI/HIV testing from blood and urine collection and phlebotomy/ and venipuncture;
- prepares daily patient lab samples for transfer to appropriate lab(s) including maintaining lab logs and running lab report for daily reconciliation;
- Completes lab controls as needed
- Checks refrigerator temperatures
- Cleans instruments, exam rooms, lab area, and autoclave as assigned
- Filing/Abstracts charts;
- Prepares charts for next day appointments; completes robust confirmation calls and chart prep as needed
- works with/supervises volunteers/interns as applicable;
- Bachelor’s degree, or; combination of experience and college education equaling 3 years, or; graduation from high school in conjunction with a medical assisting certificate.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form;
- Experience using a windows based programs and mouse and willing to learn new computer skills;
- Ability to learn the duties of a medical assistant;
- Ability to maintain composure under stress;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Ability to work in a busy environment, handling multiple tasks simultaneously without compromising accuracy, attention to detail, and courtesy and respect to clients and staff.
PLANNED PARENTHOOD IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.