NPower (www.npower.org) is a nonprofit with a mission to create pathways to economic prosperity by launching digital careers for military veterans and young adults from underserved communities. NPower envisions a future where our domestic technology workforce is diverse, and clear pathways exist for all people regardless of ethnicity, gender, or socio-economic background to succeed in our digital economy.
We address many of the primary barriers that our veteran and young adult communities confront. Beyond free technical classes, our career training programs provide in-demand certifications within weeks, paid internships, professional networking and mentorship with business leaders, soft skills coaching, connection to social services, job placement assistance, transit assistance and an opportunity for graduates to give back to the program via our professional volunteer network. We provide ongoing career coaching, advanced certifications, and leadership development for our alumni, ensuring that we are developing true pathways for long-term success for our students.
If you have a passion for supporting military veterans and/or spouses and young adults from underserved communities in developing the much needed skills to compete in the digital workforce by increasing their technology skills, this job is for you.
The purpose of this position is to lead, develop and deliver comprehensive student internship program for the San Jose NPower program. This will include developing relationships with potential employers, matching students and employers, and on-going communication and oversight of internships. Additionally, this position assists students with professional and job search preparation activities.
Business Development Activities
- Manage and develop relationships with current and prospective internship site
- Market internship program to the workforce community
- Prospect/cold call and face-to-face meetings with internship site Manage participants’ skills, technical performance/ experience and interests to internship opportunities
- Consistentlymeetmonthlyinternshipplacementgoals and provide monthly statistical reports
- Responsible for weekly internship statistical Must be consistently and accurately documenting, in real time, all participant and internship site host contact, activities and outcomes into Salesforce case management system.
- Coordinate and participate in various events, activities and fairs on topics related to internship planning and
- Research and develop knowledge of career development trends, markets and
Student Development Activities
- Work with Career Placement Manager to coordinate company site visits and guest lecturer workshops.
- Participate in the orientation, professional development and graduation program for
- Perform other related duties as
Process Management Activities
- Manage the general internship and specific internship agreements, onboarding documentation and offer letters.
- Manage invoices and payment process for both students and participating organizations.
- Meet weekly with students as a group and individually to debrief internship experience and bi-weekly to ensure efficacy of internship
- Address any concerns or issues between an intern and host site
- Distribute and analyze internship surveys
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A passion for helping people grow, develop themselves, and better their lives and their
- Experience in lead generation and development of internships
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal
- Technology background and experience with Salesforce (preferred)
- Must be detail orientated, have excellent follow through, and work well in team-based, entrepreneurial, and diverse
- Experience conducting analytical research and creating reports
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Experience in workshop presentation, career counseling and workforce development programs
- Military service a plus
At minimum one of the following must be met:
- A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- At least three years job development/ internship experience
- Or at least two years of human development experience
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Commensurate with experience
- Medical, vision, dental, short term disability, 403B match
- 3 weeks’ vacation (4 after 2 yrs), 11 holidays, paid sick and personal days
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to: Jeanine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given the number of applications anticipated only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
As an equal opportunity employer, NPower encourages diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.