This position is to support the operations department with janitorial functions. To ensure the successful and timely completion of cleaning buildings; and to maintain an attractive, sanitary and safe environment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate cleanliness with a focus on detail.
Work Schedule: M-TH 7:00pm - 3:30am, Sun 7am - 3:30pm
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform work assignments in accordance with verbal and/or written instructions
- Heavy physical exertion: To lift, bend, stoop and/or move 40-50 pounds
- Cleaning, repairing and maintenance of carpets and floors including but no limited to mopping, sweeping and dusting in compliance with SBM safety program
- Use custodial equipment, supplies and take proper cleaning procedures for various floor and carpet maintenance
- Operates wet vacuum, auto scrubber, extractor, pressure washer, high speed buffer, steam cleaner, and other equipment to properly clean and maintain floors and carpets
- Must be willing to learn new methods of variety of floor coverings.
- Move large quantities of furniture with in buildings as well as from building to building when needed.
- Clean using appropriate methods, equipment and chemicals in compliance with SBM Safety program
- Act as custodial substitute or assist custodial staff for special projects and or performs any open job for which coverage is necessary due to departmental absences
- Attendance and Punctuality essential function of the position as it requires face to face interaction.
- Basic knowledge of standard janitorial duties, cleaning techniques, products and equipment preferred.
- High school diploma/GED required OR equivalent work experience in leiu of
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as but not limited to safety data sheets (SDS), operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals, etc.
- Must be able to understand and to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to multitask in a fast pace work environment
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) highly preferred
- Be able to work in a team oriented environment, maintain a positive attitude at all times, be able to assist the team/department to complete goals.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with client, supervisor and coworkers
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service oriented
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job
- Fast paced, high volume, detail oriented work environment
- Requires the ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials. 35%
- Lift up to 25 pounds unassisted.
- Requires extensive use of hands (ability to reach over, bend and extend hands) 35%
- Reach above and below shoulder height, constant walking, standing in one place for long periods of time, bending, stooping, lifting, kneeling, etc. 55%
- Work in varying temperature environments (internal and external parts of the building)
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the cyclical nature of the industry, team members are required to work varying shifts and schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays, which reflect the Company's operating requirements.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your résumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.