$20.52 - $24.69 hourly
Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters Office Throughout the County
Jan 22, 2020Temporary
The Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters Office is looking for Vote Center Leads to work in our 110+ Vote Centers throughout the County for the March 3, 2020 Presidential Primary Election. Positions start in mid-November 2019 and early January 2020. VOTE CENTER LEAD (Election Worker I) SALARY RANGE: $20.52 to $24.69 per hour APPLY FOR ELECTION WORKER I POSITION: DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS Individuals hired into this class are extra help employees and perform assigned tasks on an as-needed basis prior to, during and immediately following an election. The Vote Center Lead performs the most difficult and responsible types of duties, including conducting research and problem resolution which requires specialized knowledge. The Vote Center Lead is required to perform all duties and responsibilities of multiple functional areas within the Vote Center and provides technical and functional lead to assigned Vote Center Staff. EXAMPLE OF DUTIES Provide lead for other clerical staff, which may include assigning, scheduling, and prioritizing work and providing training to less experienced Perform the more complex and specialized administrative and clerical duties within assigned functional areas; compile data; summarize and maintain a variety of Verify the work of assigned employees for Assist with conduct of instruction QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of: Principles of leadership and Office methods and equipment including computer systems and applicable software applications. Principles and practices of customer Basic mathematic Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and Ability To: Work long hours and Lead, organize and review the work of assigned Make basic mathematic Perform more complex and specialized clerical duties in assigned area of responsibility, including maintenance of appropriate records and preparation of Respond to requests and inquiries from the general Sit and stand for extended periods of Maintain security and confidentiality of restricted Operate office equipment including computers and supporting software Understand and follow oral and written Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work. EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities would be: Experience: Some work or voluntary experience including public contact which provides for the required competency in the requisite knowledge and abilities. BILINGUAL ELECTION OFFICERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY Are needed at all Vote Centers throughout the County Santa Clara County will offer language support and ballots at all Vote Centers in nine languages: Englis, Spanish, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese), Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Khmer Other languages that may be needed at Vote Centers: Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Syriac,Thai, Gujarati, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu ABOUT THE VOTER’S CHOICE ACT Starting next year with the March 3, 2020 Presidential Primary Election, the Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters will be implementing the Voter’s Choice Act , a new way of voting that will modernize voting and provide voters with greater flexibility and convenience. What’s changing? Every registered voter will receive a Vote By Mail ballot starting 29 days before Election Day Voters can now vote at any Vote Center in Santa Clara County 20% of Vote Centers will open for 11 days including Election Day and the other 80% of Vote Centers will be open for 4 days including Election Day throughout the County on Election Day Vote Centers will offer more space, additional services and new enhanced voting equipment When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.